Bruno Mars is an entertainment sensation that commands hundreds of dollars per ticket and in 2017 he began his 85 day World Tour 24K Magic (Kreps, 2017). This on top of the world star admits to feeling a little out of place with 21st century technology. Bruno’s talent, energy, and drive to make albums in a marketplace where songs aren’t even bought anymore but are offered by subscriptions on many different platforms, still make him one of the most popular and best pop artists in the world. Regardless of his savvy or lack of it for technology, he credits many great artists that paved the way as inspiration (CapitalFM, 2017).
Peter Gene Hernandez, better known in the entertainment world as Bruno Mars, was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, in October of 1985. Acquiring his nick-name Bruno when he was a baby, he admits he was chunky and his dad called him Bruno after a big, fat wrestler named Bruno Sammartino (biography.com, 2017). The last name came about because as Bruno says, “so many girls said I was out of this world”. And that he is.
A multi-talented entertainer from a musical family, Bruno started at a very young age. He was never trained to play the guitar, drums, or piano but learned at the age of four just because as he says, he was “surrounded by it my whole life” (biography.com, 2017). The family owned an Elvis souvenir shop in Waikiki and at the age of 2, with encouragement from his uncle, Bruno began his fascination with Elvis. By the age of four, Bruno joined the family show as the youngest Elvis impersonator. Watch a tape of Bruno doing his Elvis impersonation and interview here:
Bruno left for Los Angeles after graduating from high school but couldn’t get a b...
... middle of paper ...
...ved from (http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/bruno-mars/news/bruno-mars-influenced-soul-legend/
The Grammys (2010). Bruno Mars Musical Mentors Retrieved from (https://www.grammy.com/grammys/videos/bruno-mars-remembers-musical-mentors-influences
Varga, George (2013). Bruno Mars on Hendrix, http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/music/sdut-bruno-mars-talks-musical-inspiration-2013jul24-story.html
AllMusic (2017). Bruno Mars Grammy Awards, Retrieved from http://www.allmusic.com/artist/bruno-mars-mn0001032082/awards
ArticleBio (2017). Bruno Mars Biography Retrieved from http://articlebio.com/bruno-mars
Stars changes (2017). Bruno Mars Family, Retrieved From http://starschanges.com/bruno-mars-family/
Baer, Drake (2014). Business Insider, 10,00 Hour Rule, Retrieved From http://www.businessinsider.com/new-study-destroys-malcolm-gladwells-10000-rule-2014-7
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bruno Mars is well-known as one of the most prominent pop artists on Earth. His upbeat, fun fulfilling concert in Washington, DC is worth the hour long drive through the captivating mountains and oceans. Bruno Mars outset as a songwriter for other popular artists, such as Cee Lo Green and Flo Rida. After his career as a songwriter for other people, he began writing for himself and producing his own hits. He started his singing career out in his group known as the Doo-Wops and Hooligans in 2010.... [tags: Concert, The Stage]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Bruno Mars was born on October 8th, 1985 in Honolulu, Hawaii. As a young boy Bruno Mars impersonated Elvis Presley. He impersonated Elvis Presley in his family musical and from there he started getting into playing instruments, listening to different types of music like Michael Jackson and Elvis. His music has been known for displaying a wide variety of musical genres, styles, and really just a mix of everything. His music gives us a little of him, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and other great artists.... [tags: Music genre, Elvis Presley, Billboard 200]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Bruno Mars Bruno Mars is an entertainment sensation that commands hundreds of dollars per ticket and in 2017 he began his 85 day World Tour 24K Magic (Kreps, 2017). This on top of the world star admits to feeling a little out of place with 21st century technology. Bruno’s talent, energy, and drive to make albums in a marketplace where songs aren’t even bought anymore but are offered by subscriptions on many different platforms, still make him one of the most popular and best pop artists in the world.... [tags: Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Bruno Mars Bruno Mars (born October 8, 1985), his real name is Peter Gene Hernandeaz. He is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and choreographer. He born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, in a family of musicians. His father is of half Puerto Rican and half Ashkenazi Jewish descent (from Ukraine and Hungary), and is originally from Brooklyn, New York. His mother emigrated from the Philippines to Hawaii as a child, and was of Filipino, and some Spanish, ancestry.... [tags: American Music Award, Grammy Award]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- “Just the way you are” by Bruno Mars is a love song talking about how his significant other is perfect just the way she is. Twelfth Night is a play with multiple themes, but the most prominent one would be infatuation. The whole play revolves around a love triangle that where each character would argue that there significant other was perfect “Just the way they are.” Each character explains their pure admiration throughout the play. Bruno Mars’s song about looks helps connect the ideas of lust within the play.... [tags: Love, Aesthetics, Romance, Debut albums]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Bruno Mars is one of the influential names in pop and R&B music. His use of interesting vocals and unique music techniques makes his music enjoyable. Listening to Doo-Wops & Hooligans I found that his music was very upbeat and always directed to one specific individual. Bruno Mars himself uses his unique personality in every aspect of his music, his album holds messages within each song and this leads to my overall enjoyment of the album. Peter Gene Hernandez commonly known as Bruno Mars adds a lot of different music elements towards his songs due to the personality that he has.... [tags: Musical instrument, Music, Meaning of life, Tempo]
968 words (2.8 pages)
Love´s Influence in Rome and Juliet by William Shakespeare and the song "Grenade" Sung by Bruno Mars
- In today’s world many things can resemble something from the past. William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and Bruno Mars’ “Grenade”, both show similarities and portray how love’s strength can affect people’s daily lives. By looking at the pieces of literature, the careful reader can see how both authors express similar ideas of love by emphasizing how people will do absolutely anything for someone they love. Love is an overpowering force that takes over the importance of many things. In Romeo and Juliet, the lovers have to defy what surrounds them in order to be with each other.... [tags: Effect, Relationship]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- For decades, humans have wanted to see more of the planet we call Mars, the red planet. There have been many successful attempts to get a glimpse of the interesting planet, and scientists are still working on a better solution to get there. The first rover to explore Mars was "Mariner 4", which arrived on November 28, 1964. It was a spacecraft designated to orbit the planet of Mars, but not to land. It lasted for about 8 months, and was not able to survive much longer than that due to the conditions on and around Mars.... [tags: Mars Rover Design]
2782 words (7.9 pages)
- Mars Buzz Aldrin once said, “By refocusing our space program on Mars for America’s future, we can restore the sense of wonder and adventure in space exploration that we knew in the summer of 1969. We won the moon race; now it’s time for us to live and work on Mars, first on its moons and then on its surface.” The possibilities and questions about if life on Mars, the red planet in the solar system, have been around for years. With new research, this possibility is becoming a more of a reality everyday.... [tags: Mars, Water, Colonization of Mars, Life]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- The idea to colonize Mars is thought to be a long shot but researchers believe it is possible. It’s crazy to think that one day there could be another planet like Earth. However, the researchers for the Mars-one program have been figuring out ways to do it. Mars is about 35 million miles away from the earth so one of the hardest parts of it all will be getting there (UCSB). To successfully colonize Mars you need to know; how to get there, who would go, and how to survive once you’re there. A lot of people think since Mars is much farther than the Moon that is would take a bigger spaceship to get there but this is not true.... [tags: colonize mars, mars one, red planet]
1000 words (2.9 pages)