Title: Furry Friends
Writer’s Purpose: To inform people what they get from owning dogs
Audience: People who own dogs or wants to own dogs
Thesis Statement: While most owners are aware of the amount of joy and laughter dogs bring to them and their family, they are unaware that their dogs love them unconditionally and can help them have better lives
Topic Sentence: Dog owners would be able to improve physically, mentally, and emotionally with the help of their dogs.
-Lessen the risk of getting heart attack
-Cope with loneliness, depression and anxiety
Topic Sentence: Dogs also help their owners make healthy lifestyle changes
-Increase exercise level
-Help meet new people
-Have more structure and routine to daily life
Topic Sentence: Dog owners feel more protected and safer in general.
-Feel safe to stay in the house alone
-Feel safe when they leave valuable belongings
-Feel safe with guests visiting the house
Restate Thesis Statement: Dogs don’t only give owners happiness; they also affect their owners positively.
If I said that there is someone on this earth who loves you more than they love themselves, wouldn’t you want to meet them? A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself (Dog Quotes, n.d.). While most owners are aware of the amount of joy and laughter dogs bring to them and their family, they are unaware that their dogs love them unconditionally and can help them have better lives. They’re not just furry friends that gives people companionship; there are a number of proven health benefits for people.
Dog owners would be able to ...
... middle of paper ...
Fields, L. (2013, October 24). 6 Ways Pets Can Improve Your Health. Retrieved from http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/features/5-ways-pets-improve-your-health
McCandless, S. G. (2014). Top 5 Health Benefits of Owning a Pet: Animal Planet. Retrieved from http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/benefits-of-pets.htm
Pajer, N. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.cesarsway.com/dogbehavior/top-10-dog-breeds-for-protection
Protection Dog Training. (2011). Retrieved from http://www.masterdog-training.com/training-a-dog/protection-dog-training/
Robinson, L., & Seagull, J. (2014, February). The Benefits of Pets: Caring for a Pet Can Make You Happier, Healthier. Retrieved from http://www.helpguide.org/life/pets.htm
Salma (2014). Dogs are Good Companions | Dogs Data. Retrieved from http://www.dogsdata.com/dogs-are-good-companions.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” (Henry Wheeler Shaw; humorist and lecturer) Dogs are some of the most amazing animals in the world. Though they are thought to be a pest at times , they are very important to own and give great psychological and physical benefits. I would like to share with you my love and knowledge of how great dogs can be. To help you further understand my argument I will show you my interoperation of love. Love is, “the act of caring and giving to someone else...having someone 's best interest and wellbeing as a priority in your life.... [tags: Dog, Love, Working dog, Pet]
2693 words (7.7 pages)
- Stump Alex James Acton, Ed.d. English 101 AW2 13 October 2017 Dog Ownership Around 30,000 years ago, wolves began their journey through domestication. This process took a handful of years and is still going on today. Mostly humans oversaw it. Why would we take on this undertaking. Simply because we wanted to create the fastest and strongest animal to become our protectors and companions. Now, these animals come in all different breeds, sizes, colors, and shapes; however, one thing unifies these dogs and that is the potential to do good for people.... [tags: Dog, Immune system, Property, Ownership, Gray Wolf]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- How many people own a dog. Who trained the dog. Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, but it takes a special dog to be a hunting aid. Labrador Retrievers are one of many retrieving dogs and do well around guns, water, elderly people, and children. Owning and training a dog is beneficial to people because it builds companionship and the dog can be used as an aid in hunting. There are many different things people have to do to keep their dog healthy. The first one is feed them a little better quality dog food instead of the cheapest food found out in stores.... [tags: good qualit dog foos, walks, swimming]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- Children Plus Pets Equals Happiness Henry David Thoreau once said, “It often happens that a man is more humanely related to a cat or dog than to any human being.” By saying this, Thoreau made it clear that animals and humans go well together. He observed and noted that human animal relationships are strong and are sometimes better than the relationships people form with each other. These strong human animal relationships tend to have a positive effect for people in several aspects. In fact, in order to receive these positive benefits, many individuals decide to get a pet, so that they can form that type of bond.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Developmental psychology, The Animals]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- People of different ages, young and old, will love having a dog or a pup around. They even treat them as their best friend. Nevertheless, you must also think of the possible consequences that come with owning one. Effective Dog Training is necessary for your dog and you should understand you have to make an effort to socialize your dog. You have to expose your dog to the outside world, so that it will not intimidate other people. There are dog-training techniques you can follow so that you can handle it easily such as dog whispering, reward training and clicker training.Knowing these techniques all will make Effective Dog Training easier to manage.... [tags: Reinforcement, Dog, Dog training]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- It’s just another night and you’re sitting at home. The news is talking about the same old thing another rehab celebrity and the T.Vv shows are old replays. You call out your dog’s name, “Kenzie” and here comes your lazy old Shitzu walking into the room with her favorite toy. This is your one friend for life that you had adopted in Spencer, Iowa about 4 years ago; she’ll always be there for you whether: bored, tired, mad, or depressed. We’ve all been there, those nights with nothing to do and no one to hang around with. Rather than being alone, a pet would always be there to keep you company.... [tags: Dog, Pet, English-language films, Cat]
710 words (2 pages)
- To be a Dog Trainer Dog training is an intricate and very important practice in this day and age, not many people have the time to train a dog and, therefore, keep a peaceful household. Although this is unfortunate in some aspects, this creates a problem and therefore a job: Dog training. Being paid to work with such wonderful animals is a blessing in itself, however there are several things that need to be done before just anyone can jump into such a wonderful practice. There are training sessions and certifications to be had, there are skills to be developed, there are hardships to overcome, and finally there are the parts to love about the job.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Dog breed, Dog health, Training, Puppy]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Pros and Cons of Owning a Pet There are many pros and cons of owning a pet. For example, dogs and cats are both extraordinary pets to own. Especially the ones that are loving and caring to you. You know the saying, ‘‘ A dog is a man’s best friend.’’ Having a pet around is helpful to some people, it can provide them physical support, mental relaxation, and friendship. Have you ever wanted to own a pet and have a friend by your side. My first advantage is friendship. Friendship is the most important value to have with your pet.... [tags: Dog, Pet, If You Have to Ask, Dog health]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Preparations for Owning a German Shepherd Providing a Fenced in yard If you do not already have a fenced in yard you should consider getting your yard fenced, or installing an “invisible” fence. If you already have a fenced in yard you should check to ensure that it is secure. Make certain there are no spots around your fence where a German Shepherd could fit through. Check for loose planks in the fence that may be loosened by your German Shepherd.... [tags: Pet Advice Dog]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Owning a Pet Having a pet is a wonderful idea. Pets bring companionship, personality, and gut wrenching humor to households across the world. Having previously owned both a cat and a dog, and currently being without a pet, I began to think about getting a new furry friend. Born a dog lover, and bred into a cat lover, I had the difficult decision of choosing one of the two. When I was twenty-two years old, I answered an advertisement in the paper for free Labrador puppies. Driving up to the house, I saw all the little critters running around and having a ball of a time.... [tags: Dog Cat Pets Essays Papers Personal Narrative]
983 words (2.8 pages)