‘ Is censorship a good or bad idea?’ Censorship is all about deciding on what people can see and deciding on what people can view. Censorship is the suppression of speech or other public communication, which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive or inconvenient as determined by the government, media outlet or controlling body. It clocks out content which mainly is harmful to people and it aims to protect children and vulnerable people by block and removing content from media to limit and restrict what they can see. The government can retain people from seeing content in the media by removing it and only letting the public see what the government want them to see.
Censorship can happen on a massive level like that or on a more local level where religious school remove the big bang from the school curriculum so the children don’t have different beliefs on how the world started. Censorship has lots of different areas from black inappropriate content to removing content so people only know one way or limits their opinions on something. Censorship can be editing parts from television/TV show out, prevention of advertising, promote/restrict political/religious views, prevent slender and libel. Restrict information from people. In my opinion I believe that censorship is a bad thing but it depends on the length that is taken and how extreme censorship goes.
Censorship is a good thing especially for protecting children. In our society we are in a digital world and children from a very young age are using the internet, because of this children are being exposed to material that they can access easily that is inappropriate for their age for example porn, gambling, violence. Children are growing up being show this ...
... middle of paper ...
...indecent images and videos etc… because of this the internet should have censorship to protect people from the harmful content that it contains. Blocks should be put on porn sites and other nasty sites that contain content which is indecent. This platform of media is the most dangerous and therefore should contain censorship to stop the harmful content reaching people and reaching children who are just browsing the net. Internet censorship in China is conducted under a wide variety of laws and administrative regulations. In accordance with these laws, the government of China has made more than sixty Internet regulations to put the Internet censorship in action. The Internet control in China has been seen as the most extensive and advanced than any other countries in the world. The government don’t just block access to websites but monitor the web use of individuals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Findings “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press” (Roleff, Barbour, and Szumski 5). Controversy surrounds the topic of censorship. Americans generally believe in the freedom of speech and expression, but some citizens of the liberal USA support censorship. Internationally speaking, censorship is not really a topic of discussion, it just exists. Librarians have struggled with censorship over the years and the development of new technology and communication has made the predicament even worse.... [tags: Censorship]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- After the internet became available to the new generation, there came a great concern regarding its substantial and beneficial usage. As soon as internet became popular among the people, so is its being controversial. There had been lots of issues fought concerning the internet usage, especially the measure of what things are appropriate and inappropriate, what are those that can be accessed and what are those that cannot. As questions piled from one another, and issues are getting more and more pervasive, the government, alarmed by the threat internet and its technicalities, has made a protocol which was definitely good and particularly bad too.... [tags: child pornography, vulgar materials]
3018 words (8.6 pages)
- Censorship is detrimental to society. People can’t learn from their mistakes if we hide them. People can’t decide the best option if we say there are no options. People can’t understand each other if they don’t know what anyone is thinking. People can’t mature when they are “protected” from mean words. People can’t be themselves when they are being censored. Censorship is the practice of officially examining books, movies, etc., and suppressing unacceptable parts. Which parts are considered unacceptable, depends entirely on the person viewing them.... [tags: Censorship, Freedom of speech, Thought]
1036 words (3 pages)
- All ideas should be heard as censorship should be entirely abolished. In Plato’s Republic, Plato asks his teacher, brother, and friends what their opinion on justice is and what it means to be just and unjust. Glaucon, one of Socrate’s young companions states that every man rather be unjust rather than just according to the legend of the ring of Gyges.(1) This ring makes a man invisible, allowing him to act in whichever way he wishes, and makes it clear that unjust life is much more pleasant than a just life.... [tags: Freedom of speech, Censorship, Truth, Democracy]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- Censorship is the process of not allowing anything too offensive, obscene, or perverted to be viewed, heard, or read by the general public. It usually comes about when a book, painting, song, or even name becomes highly offensive or morally corrupt. Art Censorship has been around since the beginning of the arts, whether it be old Roman Empire Statues to Michelangelo’s The Last Judgment masterpiece. Censorship can be either good or bad. As an artist, my opinion is that censorship is basically either a way to make something better for a broader audience or limit it to the extent of extinction.... [tags: censorship, ]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- “The First Amendment to the United States Constitution says that Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of ‘speech’ (“Freedom of Expression”).” It has been proven through the court system that speech goes far beyond regular verbal communication (“Freedom of Expression”). If this is be true, then why is there so much controversy over the freedom of expression. If the right to freedom of expression is taken away, the government will steadily become more and more powerful until it controls every facet of life.... [tags: Censorship]
1845 words (5.3 pages)
- Plato’s republic is based, largely, on order and responsibility. The only morality in this society deals with the relative functions of the members of said society. For example: A man kills another man. Why is this a bad thing. In most societies, this would be considered bad or wrong because the societal morals dictate that one’s life is sacred and one’s body is one’s own etc etc etc. In Plato’s republic, the only reason people (namely, Plato) would be against a murder, is because, once a man has lost his life, he will no longer be able to function according to the provenance of the governing bodies.... [tags: Censorship]
2401 words (6.9 pages)
- Censorship of the Internet The Internet offers a huge wealth of information, both good and bad. The Internet began as a small university network in the United States and since then has blossomed into one of the biggest if not the biggest telecommunications network covering the entire world. It can be considered as one of the most valuable types of technology. During the past several years we have come to become more and more dependent on the Internet and in particular moving huge chunks of data across large distances.... [tags: Censoring Censor Computers Essays]
2822 words (8.1 pages)
- In our society today, some musicians and their music drain and plague the moral and spiritual well-being of the people; therefore, censorship offers a necessary action that we must take to keep the world from becoming a land of decadence. The musicians lives are not examples for the children or the adults. The lyrics of many songs are not suitable for anyone. All types of music need some kind of censorship. Censorship makes a person realize that music is good for the heart. Censorship totally makes people act better, and when thinking better, this sustains a better society.... [tags: essays research papers]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- The Internet distributes more information than any other medium in the world. There are several problems that have emerged along with the Internet, “As soon as the public began to use the Internet, people began to express concern about its use” (Clark 1). Some groups feel that the World Wide Web is dangerous because of it’s open accessibility, whereas other groups see that the Internet is something that can be used to share knowledge globally. The Internet should not be censored because censorship would restrict Americans’ first amendment rights; regulations have been tried and have failed in the past, and there are better methods of education and protection than censorship.... [tags: Web Computers Technology Censoring Essays]
2830 words (8.1 pages)