The study will seek to find out the possibility of introducing an environmental engineering program at Laurentian University. The issue of environment is one that has become very important for human beings and as such, more knowledge is needed to come up with positive solutions for all. The Laurentian University has a track record in producing engineers who are highly reputable and as such it is well placed to offer these courses to students. An environmental engineering program will combine all the divisions of science, which can make a difference in people’s daily lives.
This program will be able to help the students who attend to acquire knowledge, which can assist them come up with workable solutions to the most prevalent environmental issues. These challenges have become more common in the society and they include air pollution, water pollution, global warming, deforestation and many others. The proposed program will seek to help students combine the basic theories of physics, biology and chemistry to solve some critical environmental problems that face the society. These students will also need knowledge in hydrology, mathematics and computer systems.
The Environmental Engineering Program
The proposed program will be seeking to develop the best curriculum through which students seek to grow their talents in this field. Environmental engineering has become a key part of the human society and as such, there is a need to transfer these skills to the classroom setting. It is important for this choice of career path to be offered because it will make it possible for learners to participate in transforming the environmental situation that is currently being experienced in the world. The course will seek to train...
... middle of paper ...
...environment. These forums can help the students to expand their knowledge in the areas they are studying.
The environmental engineering course at Laurentian can help produce quality experts who can have a positive impact on the community. This course can create an environment through which young minds are nurtured to take care of the complex issues that are related to environmental conservation and management. Laurentian University has a solid background in engineering and therefore, this course can have the best learning environment needed within this university’s premises.
Harbold, Harry. Environmental Engineering: Problems and Solutions. Chicago, IL: Kaplan AEC Education, 2004. Print.
Maczulack, Anne, Elizabeth. Environmental Engineering: Designing a Sustainable Future. New York, NY: Facts on File Publishers, 2010. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Electrical engineering, I believe, is the only field where one’s work becomes the most instrumental part of one’s mundane activity and life, and the output produced stays forever to credit. My perception is that, this field requires a lot of patience, perseverance and management skills in order to be successful. The connection that electrical engineering offered between me and this world is the fact that you can become a person who can impact so many lives. This made me pursue Electrical Engineering.... [tags: Electrical engineering, Electricity]
1040 words (3 pages)
- I. INTRODUCTION A significant portion of New England was formed as a result of an accretionary orogen. Southeastern New England is marked by a series of terranes that accreted onto the Laurentian supercontinent during the Silurian and Devonian. The Terranes of Gander, Nashoba, Avalon, and Meguma are present from west to east in eastern Massachusetts and all of are Gondwanan provenance. Their modern-day juxtaposition suggests that the marginal Gondwanan micro-continents collided sequentially from west to east, expanding the Laurentian continent with each respective collision.... [tags: Laurentian supercontinent]
2211 words (6.3 pages)
- Environmental Engineering Along with taking care of themselves, people should also take the welfare of the environment into consideration. If the current treatment continues, the longevity of the environment will rapidly decrease causing multiple problems. Although many people don’t think about what they do to harm the environment, environmental engineers take it upon themselves to accomplish certain tasks such as sampling soils and creating ways to dispose of waste properly in order to preserve the life span of the environment.... [tags: Environmentalism, Pollution, Environmental science]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- The first thing that comes to mind when someone thinks of aerospace engineering are people that making a lot of money, building aircrafts, missiles, planes, etc. or going to school for a long period of time. Aerospace engineering is more than that. .Aerospace engineers focus on the safety of aircraft making sure people are having a safe flight, and design better aircrafts that don't pollute the Earth. An aerospace engineer is an exciting field, Aerospace engineers are "employed in industries whose workers design or build aircraft, missiles, systems for national defense, or spacecraft.... [tags: Engineering, Aerospace engineering, Astronautics]
1745 words (5 pages)
- Extreme sports have been involved with a variety of different fields, one of the significant fields that has a huge impact on this industry is engineering. When it comes to extreme sports, there are different equipment and gears used while practicing these types of activities. Engineering industry and extreme sports industry have come together to provide an ultimate safe performance and high technology for the participants. Since engineering field and extreme sports have emerged, engineers have come up with new advanced ways to improve, develop, and design equipment and manufacture techniques for the extreme sports industry.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Background Our generation has become attached to technology, a fixation characterized by our endless fascination with our cell phones. Therefore, it didn’t take long for our group, engineers of different majors, different backgrounds, and different beliefs, to find some common ground: our cell phones. Any college student feels at a disadvantage if they forget their phone during a class or two; our group immediately realized how disadvantaged those in developing nations are without the same technology we take for granted.... [tags: Engineering ]
2522 words (7.2 pages)
- A Modest Proposal Concerning the Environment * Based on Jonathan Swift’s “A Modest Proposal” (1729). It is a melancholy object to those who travel through this great country to see isolated corners of this fair realm still devoted to protecting the environment. The wretched advocators of these ideals are frequently seen doling out petitions and begging at their neighbours’ doors to feed their obsession, which keeps them in the contemptible poverty that they so richly deserve. I think it is agreed by all parties that it is an eyesore to see these people blockading the roads to prime tree-cutting land and bombarding our most respectable government with impractical proposals.... [tags: Environment Environmental Pollution Preservation]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- In the past century, society and common people's lives have undergone significant changes, thanks to engineers' reformed and advanced technologies as well as their essential spirit of invention. Today, these respected engineers' footprints can still be traced anywhere: either those glittering neon lights that remind us, while flying above through a modernized city in the evening, of the achievements of electronic engineers; or those cloud-kissing buildings and sophisticated road networks which evokes us respects for civil engineers; or even the airplanes that we are taking and cars we are driving and that are also contributed to the efforts of mechanic engineers...... [tags: Engineering]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Forensic Engineering is the application of the art and science of engineering in the justice system. It may include an investigation of the physical causes of accidents and other sources of claims and litigation, preparation of engineering reports, testimony at hearings and trials in administrative or judicial proceedings and the rendition of advisory opinions to assist the resolution of disputes affecting life or property. Structural Engineers are one of the many trained professionals who are classified under forensic engineering.... [tags: Engineering ]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Environmental Engineering WHAT IS IT. ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING IS A FIELD OF BROAD SCOPE THAT DRAWS ON SUCH DISCIPLINES AS CHEMISTRY, ECOLOGY, GEOLOGY, HYDRAULICS, HYDROLOGY, MICROBIOLOGY, ECONOMICS, AND MATHEMATICS. IT WAS TRADITIONALLY A SPECIALIZED FIELD WITHIN CIVIL ENGINEERING AND WAS CALLED SANITARY ENGINEERING UNTILTHE MID-1960S, WHEN THE MORE ACCURATE NAME ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING WAS ADOPTED. EDUCATION NEEDED THE EDUCATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERS USUALLY INVOLVES GRADUATE-LEVEL COURSE WORK, THOUGH SOME COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES ALLOW UNDERGRADUATES TO SPECIALIZE OR TAKE ELECTIVE COURSES IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL FIELD.... [tags: Papers]
392 words (1.1 pages)