According to an article called Report: School Crime and Violence Rise by Allie Bidwell suggest that “In 2012, students between the ages of 12 and 18 experienced more than 1.3 million nonfatal victimizations, according to the report.”(1). Stating that even though people are always trying to prevent what violence that might happen in and out of school for youth, that keeping it quiet is not the way to help the youth when it allowing them to get hurt more. A lot of the time people see what they want to see when it comes to youth violence, people go and blame everything in the situation when what could have worked in their f...
... middle of paper ...
...at didn’t shut down and had enough for the students to get further. Parents are having to do their own fundraisers to improve athletic and enrichment programs say an article called How Bad Is Violence in Chicago? Depends on Your Race, which all in up futile because of cps budget cuts and personal cuts (Berlatsky). This proves that most schools do not get what they need to keep the education in their schools and because of this the children are not learning what they should. Which allows other influences to come in and manipulate what they know to be right instead of wrong. With everything that happens in school the senior administrators and officials that attend to the well-being of the students in which they govern choose to hide the problems or they may not have another options in getting what is needed for the students to thrive.
One of thing that contributes
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Youth violence affects everyone around the United States but more so in Chicago, throughout the years youth violence against each other is at an all-time high. Although there are many articles and videos that have to deal with the violence being out in the streets is that it starts in the schools. Faculty and staff try and push the problems within in the school down making sure they are not seen as that bad, kids fight, people get hurt and the teachers do nothing. There has been an emphasis on school violence.... [tags: Crime, Violence, Violent crime, Education]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- School violence, family violence, media violence, and others, there are many type of violent crimes happen all the time, and people don’t have a lot of attention to think about what cause those issues. Sometime we walk on the street, we don’t even know who is normal person, and who might be attacked from someone is strange at the next moment. Richard Davidson, Dr. Fallon, and other scientists have found different cause of violent crime in nature and nurture during their studies. Nature is the way we were born, and nurture is the way we grew up, people might doubt about it that how nature and nurture cause violent crimes.... [tags: Violence, Crime, Violent crime, Brain]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, Violence is the exertion of physical force so as to injure or abuse. Violence is often a behavioral response that children are taught to use in order to achieve their goals. On the other hand, violence can become a routine and automatic way of coping with stressful situations for some children (Youth Violence and Suicide Prevention Team 1999). You violence is an old problem that is frequently an issue over which there is much debate.... [tags: Violence ]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- The aggressive behavior that causes physical or emotional harm, and aggressive people are more excitable and destroy property of others. This aggressive behavior suffers the children of it because they do not have able to know what the behaviors are appropriate. According to National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center, there are different forms of aggressive: Physical aggression, Verbal aggression, and indirect aggression. The first form, Physical aggression contains beating, pushing, biting and others.... [tags: Aggression, Violence, Causality, Video game]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- “Children caught up in this system are the most vulnerable and yet are the least likely to be represented by the counsel,” (Alexander p.86). Gang violence is something that occurs every single day and can’t seem to be avoided by some despite whether you’re in a gang or not. Gang violence mostly happens in low-income communities, which are inhabited by minority groups. The children who live in those types of environment are used to seeing violence and drugs around the corner. Since gang violence does occur in the low-income communities then the children are more likely to fall victim to gang violence activities just by being at the wrong place at the wrong time.... [tags: Gang, Crime, Illegal drug trade, Bloods]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- The theme, which I have decided to research and base my portfolio on, is Youth Gangs and Violence In Schools. The term “Youth” is defined by the Compact Oxford English Dictionary as the period between childhood and adulthood and is also commonly used as a noun to describe young people. The same dictionary defines a “Gang” as an organised group of criminals or disorderly young people. Youth gangs are groups of young people who assemble and often engage in criminal and illegal activities such as graffiti, vandalism, theft, robbery and violent activities including, gang fights and brawls.... [tags: Youth Gangs Essays]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- Youth Violence Youth violence is an escalating problem in American society today. There are many different factors that can be blamed for this problem. During the last decade of the twentieth century people began searching for answers to this dilemma which is haunting America. Many tragic school shootings have taken place within the last decade that have gained the attention of the public. As of now, no one can give the right answer to the problem or the reason that it happens because there is no right answer yet and nobody can be sure that they know the cause.... [tags: essays research papers]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- Fear of youth violence is a constant concern by millions of people all over the world. Kids seem to take up more and more space of crimes that are usually committed by adults over the age of 18. "Statistics confirm that more horrendous crimes are being committed by increasingly younger children" (Levine 27). These crimes committed by youth's are caused by many different reasons: Poverty, neighborhoods, schools, parents, and TV, are the main concerns. But what is in most people's minds is what we can do to help prevent this violence.... [tags: Papers]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Youth Violence Violence is a learned behavior. Children often experience violence for the first time in their lives in their homes or in the community. This first taste of violence may include their parents, family members or their friends. Studies have shown that children who witness violent acts, either as a victim or as a victimizer, are more likely to grow up to become involved in violence. During our second weekend class, we talked specifically about violence and youth. For many young people who have already developed a pattern of violent behavior, the probability that this way of life will endure into their adult lives is very likely.... [tags: Papers Children Child Violent]
696 words (2 pages)
- Youth Violence Ever since the terrible tragedy at Columbine High School, there has been a numerous list of recent school shootings in America. Youth violence is a major issue in today’s society. Many people dread what causes adolescents to be so violent, committing horrible crimes. There are many wonders that go around about why young adolescents commit such violent crimes. These questions vary from why kids take guns to school, or how do we know if they are putting others in danger, what signs are there, what should be looked at, and what can be done to stop these acts of violence.... [tags: essays research papers]
586 words (1.7 pages)